With everything that my family has gone through in the last month, we have been relying a lot on Young Living Essential Oils. One oil we decided to incorporate in our daily routine is lemon essential oil. I did some research and talked to some other who use Young Living oils about lemon oil and its benefits. Here are some of the benefits that I have learned:
- Use it in water to purify the water- make sure the water is in a glass, no plastic
- Mix 1-2 drops in water in a spray bottle to use as a disinfectant (we store the mixture in a glass mason jar and put it in a spray bottle when needed)
- Soothe corns, calluses and bunions on feet
- Eliminate odors in the fridge by putting a cotton ball with a few drops of oil in your fridge.
- Diffuse the oil to make your home smell clean and fresh as well as cleansing the air
- Removes adhesive and gum or sap from surfaces
- Stain remover, even works on grease stains. Just apply it to clothing right before washing.
- Boosts your immune system
My sister diffused lemon essential oil when her two youngest had chicken pox since the oil is supposed to have antiviral effects. She believes that her children had a lesser case due to the oil. I use lemon essential oil myself on clothing to remove stains. It even works on grease stains. These are just a few of the uses that lemon essential oil has, there are many more. I look forward to other ways that I can use lemon essential oil in my daily routine.
And as always: The information provided on Heavenly Escentials is for educational purposes only. It is not intended to prescribe, diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. It is your responsibility to educate yourself and address any health or medical needs you may have with your physician. Please seek professional help when needed.